The extraordinary winery


Our today cellar used to be a Christian church that is known as the temple of St. Marcus. We do not know when it was named. What we do know however, is that in this very church the contract for the transfer of ownership by the Lombards to the Catalans was signed. The Lombards were one of the first conquerors who came to Karystos. The Lombards transferred this land to the Catalans when one of their princesses married a Catalan nobleman. Later the Catalans sold the area to the Venetians in 1370.

Recent Posts