The Town Hall building is a typical example of 19th-century public administration architecture and was classified as a protected neoclassical building in 1979. The Town Hall was built in a dominant position according to the new city plans, with the legacy of benefactor Ioannis Kotsikas and delivered to Karystos municipality in 1896.
Marble stairs lead to the magnificent entrance of the Town Hall and the inner patio. The tall windows are framed by grey-white marbles and the roof has Byzantine-style tiles, as well as a decorative apron. The building is surrounded by a large courtyard enclosed by a beautiful iron railing of the time.